HomeAnza Borrego General

Anything about Anza Borrego that does not fit into one of the other forums.

Old Maps Messages in this topic - RSS

rockhopper
rockhopper

3/3/2019
rockhopper
rockhopper
I recently inherited a collection of original old maps dated from the 1830's to 1900's era of the US. I would like share this one to add to the collection of our pool of knowledge of the south west. Please post your maps if you have em'.
1853 map showing "Warner's trail" from Fort Yuma to the coast and beyond. Auga Caliente being Warner's hot springs. Of interesting note is the naming of the "Valley of the Ancient Lake" and the ocean waters off the coast as "EarthQuake bay". Of course these trails were already travelled and well used by thousands of years of Native American use.

You may recognize the names of the explorers. Also the blue color is "granite type rocks"

edited by rockhopper on 3/3/2019
edited by rockhopper on 3/3/2019
edited by rockhopper on 11/6/2019
+1 link
Scooter
Scooter

1/12/2020
Scooter
Scooter
Britain wrote:
davidwyby wrote:
I once found a site that where one could change the year look back at old maps. Britain?

Theres some old Platt maps but I'm not on my home computer. Not sure about the one your asking about.

On the cal Topo site you can go to map builder on the top of the screen and scroll down to other maps and there are two historic Topo maps the oldest one is 1895 !!
+1 link