HomeAnza Borrego Flower Report

Latest flower reports from Anza Borrego.

Desert Flowers Messages in this topic - RSS

Britain
Britain

3/9/2019
Britain
Britain
Finally got out to do a little hiking after busting up my ankle. Got in only 2 miles but its 2 miles. Ankle gave me no love. Got 2 mylars. So I guess my speed was 2 mylars a mile

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
http://icorva.com
+1 link
Rocko1
Rocko1

3/11/2019
Rocko1
Rocko1
Did Diablo Peak via June Wash this weekend. So many flowers up this wash. I have never seen more butterflies in my life-like swarms of them.

+1 link
Buford
Buford

3/11/2019
Buford
Buford
Good to see people exploring flowers somewhere other than the crowded spots near town.

--
Links to my photos: ABDSP photos, Bighorn sheep photos, ABDSP time lapse video, Wildlife photos (mainly birds)
+1 link
Britain
Britain

3/13/2019
Britain
Britain
Butterflies are pretty thick in the air this year

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
+1 link
Buford
Buford

3/13/2019
Buford
Buford
Britain wrote:
Butterflies are pretty thick in the air this year

There are.

Also noticed a lot of bushes would buzz when hiking by last Sunday. It was from all the butterflies trying to escape at once and hitting branches.

--
Links to my photos: ABDSP photos, Bighorn sheep photos, ABDSP time lapse video, Wildlife photos (mainly birds)
+1 link
Rocko1
Rocko1

3/18/2019
Rocko1
Rocko1
Went out this weekend for some car camping with my brother. Decided to try out Lizard Wash. Nice little canyon although crowded as is all of AB with bloomageddon in full swing.
Looking south towards Chuckwalla Wash.

Barrel cactus are looking to be in peak condition.

+1 link
Buford
Buford

3/18/2019
Buford
Buford
Nice flowers.

Too bad flower season has become such a train wreck around town.

--
+1 link
Britain
Britain

3/25/2019
Britain
Britain
Flowers were hit or miss last weekend. We headed to an area where there are some sleeping circles. The ground was crushed rock and hard pack. There was this red grass growing. As we got into the middle of it, the grass formed a mosaic pattern. There was no cracked dried look with grass growing in the cracks, the grass formed the pattern..

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
+1 link
rockhopper
rockhopper

3/26/2019
rockhopper
rockhopper
3-25-2019
Took a quick 2 day camping trip out to "Our back yard". Lots of city folk out and about. My favorite was a young couple. The young woman was playing a violin amongst the desert wild flowers as I drove on by.
North facing slopes showed most color.

San Felipe Creek

Blooms heading up the mountain slopes.

Near Scissors Crossing

Cheers!

edited by rockhopper on 3/26/2019
edited by rockhopper on 3/26/2019
+1 link
Buford
Buford

4/4/2019
Buford
Buford
Looks like flowers are definitely winding down as of last weekend. Most annuals were either sun burnt brown or devastated by caterpillars. Still some decent pockets of color, but no more endless fields of Sand Verbeena. In fact, almost no Sand Verbeena in areas that were covered just a couple weeks ago.

--
+1 link